Rv Pandaw: "Myanmar Days" The Bhamo Cruise- A river jouney to the upper reaches of the Irrawaddy river
Cruise scheduled only for October 2010
- Departure from Mandalay : Tuesday only.
- Arrival back to Mandalay : Tuesday
- Cruise : Mandalay - Kyauk Myaung- Tagaung -Kaha-Bhamo-Shwegu-Mingun-Mandalay.
Day one :Mandalay - Kayuk Myaung (84 km - 6.5 h)
- The embarkation time is at 09h30 at Gawein jetty.
- Welcome cocktail in the saloon.
- Sail upstream
Visit of the spectacular pottering making village of Kayuk Myaung.
- moor overnight at a river village north of Mandalay.
Day two : -Kayuk Myaung - Tigyaing (160 km - 12.5h)
- Cast off early morning.
- Enter the Third defile and sail upriver all day.
- Stop at Tagaung to explore the ancient city and the archaeological area.
- Continue sailing norht up to Tigaung village where we stop for the night.
Day three : - Tigyaing - Katha (68km - 5.5 h)
- Early departure.
- Before lunch arrival to Katha, setting of the Geroge Orwell's book "Burmese day".
- Visit of the site and if time permits, visit of an elephant logging camp.
Day four 4 - Katha - Bhamo (135 km - 11 hrs)
- Sailing upstream north all the day.
- After Sheday, enter the dramatic 2nd defile with its magnificents cliffs.
- Arrive at Bhamo in the late afternoon.
- Walking tour of the city located only 50 miles from the Chinese border.
Day five : Bhamo - Shwegu (64km - 4 h)
- Early morning, try to reach by local boat the village of Sinbo set below the 1st defile.
- Back to the ship before lunch.
- Cast off and downriver retunr journey to Mandalay.
- Overnight at Shwegu pottery village.
Day six: Shwegu - Khan Nyat (130 km - 13h)
- All day cruise downriver.
- Night at Khan Nyat village..
Day seven : Khan Nyat - Mingun (163 km - 10 h)
- Cruise all day.
- Arrive at Mingun late afternoon.
- Visite of Mingun.
- Moor overnight in a sandbank opposite of Mingun Pagoda.
- Dance and theatre performance on the sundeck.
Day eight - Mingun Mandalay
- Disembark at Mandalay Gawein Jetty at 08.00