Rv Pandaw: Grand voyage of the Chindwin river - 9 nights on board - Myanmar - Burma
Cruise is scheduled only for Septembre 2010.
- Departure from Bagan : 4th & 16th Septembre 2009 only.
- Arrival at Mandalay : 13 & 26 Septembre 2009.
- Cruise : Bagan - Pakkhoku - Pakhan Gyi - Monywa - Mingit - Kalewa - Mawlayik - Mandalay .
Day one : Bagan - Pakkoku (42 km)
- Board Rv Pandaw 1947 at 09h00.
- Sail upstream to the Irrawaddy and Chindwin confluence, if time permets, stops in Thein Gone a typical river village.
- Visit of Pakkoku (monastery, cheroots and weaving workshops.
- Stop for the night after the Chindwin and Irrawaddy confluence.
Day two : - Pakkhoko - Pakhan Gyi - Ahmyint Monywa ( 113 km)
- Visit the litlle town of Pakhan-Gyi, there is a spectacular 19th centruy wood carved monastery.
- Cruising upstream to Ahmyint village, you will the the lovely 17th century style Min Kyaw Swa stupas and beautiful 18th century paintings.
- Arrive at Monywa in the early evening.
- Night in Monywa.
Day three : - Monywa
- Visit of Hpowindaung and Shwebadaung caves where hundreds of Buddha statues are places inside nices decorated with wonderful mural paintings.
- If the weather and time permits, visit of Twin Daung Lake or alternatively Kyaukka village famous for the "plain" lacquer ware type.
- Late lunch and cast off upstream on the Chindwin river.
Day four 4 - Monywa - Kani ( 48 km)
- Late morning, explore the village of Kanee and climb the pagoda hillock for tis view.
- Conitnue sailing upstream until late at night to reach the village of Kani.
Day five : Kani - Mingin (64 km)
- Early morning, visit of Kin village with its beautiful wooden house and the wood carved monastery.
- Continue sailing upstream until the enchanting town of Mingin. Explore its temples and 1900's wooden house.
- Visit the Min Kayung Monastery with a beautiful collection of old Buddha Images.
Chindwin River at Mingin
Day six : Mingin - Kalewa (68 km)
- At Kyidaw, visit of the Shwe Za Yaw monastery, one of the oldest and best preserved wood carved monastery of Myanmar.
- Walk throught paddy fields to the village of Kan where we visit an other splendid example of Myanmar old monastery.
- Return to the ship by local boat.
- Proceed upstream to Kyaw Zin, a village very close to Kalewa.
- Stop for the night.
Day senve : Kalewa - Mawlayik (61 km)
- Visit of Kaleva in the morning.
- climb up to Shwe Moat Stupa for the view.
- Back to the ship before lunch and keep cruising upstream to Mawlaik.
Day eight -Mawlaik - Sailing back downstream.
- Mawlaik (situated 35km from the India border) was the administrative capital of this area rich of Teak forest. It is a pleasant colonial town with splendid colonial houses built by the Bombay Burmah Trading corporation in the 1920's.
- Visit of the city, the sailing back downstream to Monywa.
- All day sailing downstream to Monywa.
- Stop at Kyauk Hlay Gar village, famous for its petrified wood, visit of the school and houses.
- Arrival at Monywa in the morning.
- Transfer by coach to Mandalay.
- Stop enroute to visite the Sambuddhai Kat Kyaw pagoda.
- Lunch at a restaurant in Sagaing.
- Continue to Mandalay (hotel or airport).
Mur peint dans un monastère